I completely changed my skincare a few months ago. It has been working great for me, so I’ve decided to share my new routine with you.
This chapter of my skincare journey started out badly this summer when I tried a serum (not naming names) that was supposed to make my skin super pretty and radiant and I had a really bad reaction to it. I used it for about a week and my skin went crazy! At first I thought to myself that maybe it was just really effective and that it was cleaning out all the impurities and clogged pores, but it just became worse – pimples turned into infected sores and it looked horrible, so I decided to throw the rest of the really expensive serum out and change my skincare regimen completely. This time around I wanted something gentler and still effective.
First a little about my skin. I have dry skin and very sensitive skin. I tend to have difficulties finding cosmetics that I don’t react to. So there is a lot of trial and error, when finding a routine that suits me. This post is very Jurlique heavy. It’s not a sponsored post, I bought all the products myself after reading about then and checking reviews. So the following is my honest opinion about the products.
I needed a good SPF. I am really sensitive to UV, so I needed at least an SPF of 30. After a lot of research I decided to try Jurlique Sun Specialist SPF40 High Protection Cream PA+++. And after reading about the brand, I also got Jurlique Sensitive Introductory Set which I will go into further detail about in my skincare description below. As a free gift with purchase I got a full size Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream.
- After my shower I start with spritzing a little bit of Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist on the palm of my hands and gently pat it onto my face and neck.
- I take a pump of two of Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Restorative Treatment Serum and gently pad onto my face and neck.
- Then I gently put on a pea size amount of Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Soothing Moisturising Cream.
- And the last step before my makeup is putting on Jurlique Sun Specialist SPF40 High Protection Cream PA+++.
- I remove my makeup with Vitamin C+ Brighten Skin Renew Cleasing Oil from Super Facialist by Úna Brennan. Sadly it’s not available in Denmark and I ran out of the cleansing oil two days ago and I have replaced it with Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil.
- I like to cleanse my skin twice in the evening to make sure my skin is properly cleansed. So on the second cleanse I use Jurlique Soothing Foaming Cleanser.
- While my skin is still damp, I put two drops of Pai Rosehip Bio Regenerate Fruit & Seed Oil Blend to my face and neck.
- The last step of my evening routine is to apply a small amount of Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream to my face and neck. If you don’t have very dry skin like me you may want to skip this step.
If you want to read a full review about the products have a look on my blog tomorrow. I will give a detailed review on the products in this post.