I bought this palette for my mother-in-law. I have the coolest mother-in-law with a punk rock vibe. She wanted a really black smokey eye look for her mother’s 75th birthday.
The packaging is a sturdy plastic case with a small mirror. Nothing fancy, but it does the job and I like that you can see the eyeshadows through it.
The swatches below are finger swatches over Urban Decay Primer Potion. Unfortunately the eyeshadows don’t have names, so you will get a description of the colors instead.
1. Antique rose shimmer – beautiful color, well pigmented, goes on smoothly.
2. Cream shimmer – well pigmented, goes on smoothly, great as an inner corner highlight.
3. Taupe shimmer – great every day color swept all over the eyelid, well pigmented, goes on smoothly.
4. Very light cream satin– feels dry compared to the others and not as pigmented, my least favourite out of the bunch.
5. Dark grey satin – not very pigmented, but makes blending a black smokey eye easy for beginners. So for that reason I like it.
6. Cool brown matte – very similar to the dark grey. Not the greatest pigmentation, but very good for smooth blending.
7. Rust shimmer – beautiful color, well pigmented, goes on smoothly.
8. Warm brown shimmer – beautiful color, well pigmented, goes on smoothly.
9. Black satin – good pigmentation for a black, not the blackest of blacks, but still very good. It has a very slight shimmer which I like for the purpose of a black smokey eye.
10. Light grey shimmer – well pigmented, goes on smoothly, great as an inner corner highlight.
If you are a beginner and you need a good palette with neutral colors for both everyday and party looks. It’s great quality at this price point. It’s wonderful for an easy smokey eye and has both cooler and warmer colors. So this palette gets a thumbs up!