Sleek Ultra Matte V1 Brights palette is an unapologetic, in you face, color explosion! It contains 12 matte bright colors perfect for a bold makeup look.
The packaging is your standard sleek cardboard box that states the name and give you an idea of the colors within. Inside the cardboard you find Sleeks standard slim black plastic case.
In the plastic there is a clear plastic sheet that has the names of the 12 shades.
I have had some issues with the case in 2 other palettes (Sunset and Bad Girl). In those two cases the plastic case is very difficult to open. But with the Ultra Mattes V1 Brights I don’t have that problem.
Onto the eyeshadows themselves. As I mentioned above they are bright! And also a lot of fun – this is definitely not a neutrals or natural palette. This is the palette you grab for, when you want to go all in.
I have to say that the pigmentation is not as good in the Ultra Brights palette as in the other Sleek palettes I have. I don’t know if it’s because of the matte formula, but the palette is definitely the least pigmented.
I have used my Urban Decay eyeshadow primer under the following swatches and I used a sponge applicator for application. I would actually recommend a white primer under these eyeshadows to bring out the full potential of the colors.
Here are the swatches and a short description of each shade:
1. Chill – Light blue – badly pigmented and very sheer.
2. Pout – Bright neon pink – well pigmented and goes on smoothly.
3. Sugarlite – Orchid purple – ok pigmentation and goes on smoothly.
4. Dragon Fly – Bright green – well pigmented and goes on smoothly.
5. Pucker – Bright pink – very similar to Pout but less pigmented.
6. Bambi – Bright sunflower yellow – well pigmented and goes on smoothly.
7. Cricket – Light green – lighter version of Dragon Fly.
8. Bolt – Bright blue – well pigmented and goes on smoothly.
9. Strike – Bright orange – well pigmented and goes on smoothly.
10. Floss – Candy floss pink – ok pigmentation and goes on smoothly.
11. Crete – Light grey – ok pigmentation and goes on smoothly.
12. Powi – White – ok pigmentation and goes on smoothly.
As I mentioned above the pigmentation could be better when compared to my other Sleek palettes.
I would still recommend this palette if you are looking for bright colors to wear once in a while. But if you are someone that likes to wear bright on a daily basis I would recommend spending some more money and getting better pigmentation.
I bought this palette a year ago to do this look for Aarhus Pride afterparty.
If you want to read my other Sleek reviews and swatches you can find them here: